Boweties and Broccoli
Ingredients needed to make Boweties and Broccoli
12 oz pasta,1 lb frozen broccoli florets,3 tbsp butter,3 tbsp grated Parmesan, Salt to taste, freshly cracked pepper to taste pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- Boil water in a pot and add the pasta
- Boil for (7-10 minutes) till pasta is ready
- Add frozen broccoli florets to boiling pasta water, turn off the heat
- Broccoli sit for 1-2 minutes/or until broccoli is tender-crisp
- Drain the pasta & broccoli in a colander
- Transfer pasta and broccoli to a bowl and add butter
- Stir until butter has melted/coated everything
- Add Parmesan/salt/freshly cracked pepper/red pepper flakes, then mix
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed
- Ready to be served
Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients needed to make Vegan Mashed Potatoes
2 pounds potatoes (1kg), 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk of choice (190 ml), 1/2 tsp sea salt, Ground black pepper to taste, Chopped chives (optional),
- Peel and chop the potatoes into chunks
- Stream them for 15 to 20 minutes or until they're soft. Feel free to boil them if you want.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan.
- Place the potato chunks in a big mixing bowl and mash them. I usually use an immersion blender, but feel free to use a fork or a potato masher.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the chives) and mash again.
- Add more pepper an the chopped chives on top (optional).
Apple and Orange Salad
Ingredients needed to make Apple and Orange Salad
2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 1/2 tbsp orange juice, 1/2 craisins, 1 orange, 4 apples, 2/3 c pecans, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and orange juice. Add the raisins and set aside.
- Peel the orange and cut into small pieces.
- Core the apples and cut into small pieces.
- Add the oranges, apples, pecans to the bowl with raisins. Add salt and peeper taste.
- Toss everything together well and serve.
Lemon Garlic Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
Ingredients needed to make Lemon Garlic Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
1 pound broccoli florets, 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced on a bias, 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced, 4 tablespoons olive oil, Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon freshly - squeezed lemon juice,
- In a bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to distribute.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450 F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp and lightly browned.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Gently toss to evenly distribute. Serve hot.
Garlic Roasted Veggie Pasta
Ingredients needed to make Garlic Roasted Veggie Pasta
8 ounces whole spaghetti cooked according to package instructions, 8 cups cubed vegetables (i.e. carrots, squash, Brussel sprouts, sweet potato, garbanzo beans), 12 cloves garlic whole, skin-on, 1/4 cup olive oil divided, 10 oz of Tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place vegetables and garlic cloves on a baking sheet then drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss well then roast until tender, 18-20 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, prepare pasta according to package instructions. Strain pasta then return to the warm cooking pot.
- Toss roasted vegetables into the pasta pot along with tomato sauce.Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly before serving.
Spaghetti and Broccoli Stir Fry
Ingredients needed to make Spaghetti and Broccoli Stir Fry
250 g spaghetti 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1 onion, sliced into thin rings, 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces, 2 cups broccoli florets, 2 cups cauliflower florets, 2 cups julienned carrots, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, salt to taste. ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frypan or work over medium-high heat.
- Cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir onion and cook until soft. Stir chicken and cook until juices run clear. Mix in the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots then cook for 2 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with soy sauce, salt and peeper.
- Toss pasta with vegetables and serve warm.
Roasted Broccoli Stalks
Ingredients needed to make Roasted Broccoli Stalks
2 large bunches of broccoli stems, 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 1/8 tsp garlic powder (optional), 1/8 tsp roasted red pepper flakes (optional), 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated,
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim rough outer edges off of broccoli stems then slice into thin coins.
- Mix broccoli pieces with oive oil, slat, pepper, and other seasonings (except Parmesan cheese).
- Roast at 375 for 20-30 minutes, stirring once, until tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Ingredients needed to make Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
1 pound (450g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1/2 onion, minced, Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional), 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or flour), 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth), 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F(200°C). Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 6-8 minutes. Drain the Brussels sprouts and set aside for later.
- In a cast iron skillet (or any oven proof skillet), heat 1 tablespoon butter and fry garlic and onion with Italian seasoning and red chili pepper flakes over medium heat until fragrant, 1 or 2 minutes. Whisk in 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or flour) until f
- Stir in broth in the skillet and mix until the sauce thickens a bit. Pour cream over and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then spread out Brussels sprouts evenly into the sauce.
- Give a quick stir to stir to coat well and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Transfer the skillet and bake the gratin until bubbly and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Sauteed Red Cabbage
Ingredients needed to make Sauteed Red Cabbage
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 small onion, sliced, 1/2 red cabbage, shredded, 1/3 cup white or apple cider vinegar, eyeball it, 2 rounded tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon mustard seed, Salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and onion and saute 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and turn again. Season with mustard seed, salt and pepper and reduce heat a bit.
- Let cabbage continue to cook 10 minutes or until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
Kiwi Satsuma Green Smoothie
Ingredients needed to make Kiwi Satsuma Green Smoothie
2 kiwis, 2 satsumas or clementines (oranges), 1 banana, 1 cup coconut water, 2 cups baby spinach, ¼ cup greek yogurt.
- Peel the satsumas and kiwis. Slice the kiwis and separate the satsumas into wedges. Make sure that the wedges are seedless and remove any seeds if there are any. Freeze until solid, at least an hour.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth, depending on your blender you may need to add just a little more coconut water (or regular water) to achieve a smooth texture.
- Serve right away. Makes two servings.