Check out the CalFresh related pages listed on the navigation bar to the left. If your question was not answered here, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org using your UCM email.
What is CalFresh?
- You can find out more about CalFresh on our Outreach page.
What are the CalFresh eligibility qualifications for students?
- You can find more information about eligibility qualifications for students here.
Can I get help with my application?
- UC Merced's CalFresh Outreach advocates provide students with application assistance. You can sign up for an appointment here. If you need to talk to a county representative, please contact your county's Human Services Agency.
- For those who reside in Merced County, you can call (209)385-3000 to speak to a county CalFresh representative.
Which county do I apply in?
- You should apply in the county that you are currently living in.
Where can I use my CalFresh Benefits/What can I buy?
- You can use your benefits at any store in the United States that accepts EBT.
- You can buy most grocery food items, including plants and seeds to grow food. You can NOT buy: hot foods, pet food, vitamins and medicines, alcohol, fast food, and tobacco.
Will receiving CalFresh benefits affect my financial aid or taxes?
- No, receiving CalFresh will not affect your financial aid nor taxes.
Will receiving CalFresh benefits affect my immigration status?
- Visit "A CalFresh Guide for Immigrants" (7th and 8th section) for more information.
Can I get help with my SAR7/redetermination form?
- Visit our SAR7 page or contact us at email@example.com with your question. (Please use your UCM email)
Where do I turn in the verification forms I was asked for?
- You should mail/drop off your documents to your county's Human Services Agency. The Merced County's Human Services Agency address can be found here.
What happens if I wasn't able to turn in my documents on time?
- Turn in your documents as soon as possible. You will have to re-apply if you were unable to finish the process within 30 days.